November 17 a historic day for the 99%
November 17 will go down as a historic day of action for the 99%
• Over 30,000 People Rally in New York City (NYPD estimated crowd at 32,500), including organized contingents of workers, students, and other members of “the 99%”
• Actions in at least 30 cities across the country and around the world
• Commemoration of 2-Months Since Birth of the 99% Movement, Festival of Lights on Brooklyn Bridge
• Blockade of all Entry-Points to NYSE; hundreds participate in nonviolence civil disobedience
• Sense that a powerful and diverse civic movement for social justice is on the ascent
Following Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s predawn raid of Occupy Wall Street at Liberty Square, at 1:00am Tuesday morning, the slogan “You can’t evict an idea whose time has come” became the new meme of the 99% movement overnight. The mobilization today proved that the movement is on the ascent and is capable of navigating obstacles.